Section III Using language
1. 对……敏感 __________________________
2. 向某人征求意见 __________________________
3. 以（从）…… 开始 __________________________
4. 购买音乐会的票 __________________________
5. 给你的乐队想个名字 _________________________
6. 最重要，首先 __________________________
7. 固持己见 __________________________
8. 一夜成名 __________________________
9. 对……自信 __________________________
10. 在词典里查找这些词 ________________________
1.The coach ________ ________ _________ all the players _________ against the plan.
2. They talked _________ _________ __________ ___________ __________ friends.
3. __________ ___________ _________ _____________ late again?
4._________ _________ _________ __________ ___________ the plan for the holiday?
5._________ __________ ___________ a party this evening?
6.______ ______ ______ the band _____ ______ , it became popular with many young people.
(1) agree on 表示“（双方）就某一问题、某一点、某项协议达成共识、或取得一致意见”。常接的宾语有：point/ problem/ the price/ something等。如：
The two sides failed to agree on this point at last.
(2) agree with
用法一：表示“同意某人、某人的观点、想法(idea/opinion)或某人说的话” 常接的宾语有：sb./one’s idea/ one’s words/ what one says等。如：
To be honest, I don’t agree with what you said.
The hot, damp climate didn’t agree with her. Your story didn’t agree with what we had heard.
(3) agree to 这一词组主要用来表示“同意某项计划、安排、建议（suggestion/ proposal）或某种做法”等。如：I wonder if you agree to this arrangement.
(1) We don’t agree to you for this point.
(2)I’m afraid that neither of them agree with this arrangement.
1. Her parents didn’t _______________ her marrying Tom.
A. agree with B. agree to C. agree on D. agree about
2. Why do you _______________ everything he says?
A. agree with B. agree to C. agree on D. agree about
1. The _____________( 投入) of too much time to sports leaves too little time for studying.
2. You can listen to the tape and do the exercises _______________(而后)
3. It was a long talk, but in __________(简要的) he said “No”.
4. She seems to be ______________(自信) about her future.
5. The girl is very _______________ (敏感) about what others think of her.
He is often coming to comfort me when I ________________.
We _______________ A B C whe n we learn English in the beginning.
________________ ______________ your birthday party?
If _____________________, you may _____________ him to help you.
I ___________________________ the party yet.
He __________________ he were a musician.
1. The English speech contest in our school is going to take place. Would you like to ________?
A. join B. enter in C. attend to D. take part
2. You must ______________ your promise whatever happens.
A. keep on B. rely on C. stick to D. make up
3. What if anything should _ _______________?
A. come on B. turn down C. go wrong D. break up
4. The salesgirl was worried that last week only two people came to look at the house, _____ wanted to buy it.
A. none of them B. both of them C. none of whom D. neither of whom
5.It was Jack who ___________ with such a good idea.
A. thought out B. came up C. broke up D. sorted out
6. Some film stars’ personal life was ______ discussed by people who have interest in them.
A. mostly B. briefly C. regularly D. familiarly
7.--- I’m going to her birthday party tonight.
A. Congratulations! B. Good idea. B. Just have fun! D. That’s great!
8.I think it is a waste of time _____________ here doing nothing.
A. wait B. to be waiting C. waiting D. waited
9.After years of separation he longs _____________ to see his family again.
A. in addition B. above all C. as well D. in a way
10.Our club has only five members to __________, and later more people join us.
A. start with B. make from C. make up D. break up
11.When the news was broadcast ________ the radio, all the people were wild _______ joy.
A. on, in B. from, on C. on, with D. in, on
12.What did you _____________ in the shop just now?
A. pay back B. pay about C. pay for D. pay off
13.He was educated at a local high school, _________he went on to Qinghua University.
A. from which B. after that C. after which D. since then
14.Nobody but the doctor s was allowed to enter the room, for an operation was being _____.
A. formed B. made C. attended D. performed
15.The boy pretended ______________ the news, but in fact didn’t.
A. getting B. to get C. to have got D. having got
Last week my youngest son and I visited my father at his new home in Tucson, Arizona. He
moved there a few years ago, and I was eager to see his new place and meet his friends．
My earliest memories of my father are of a tall, handsome, successful man devoted to his work and family, but uncomfortable with his children．As a child I loved him; as a school girl and young adult I feared him and felt bitter about him．He seemed unhappy with me unless I got straight A’s and unhappy with my boyfriends if their fathers were not as “successful” as he was．Whenever I went out with him on weekends, I used to struggle to think up things to say, feeling on guard．
On the first day of my visit, we went out with one of my father’s friends for lunch at an outdoor café．We walked along that afternoon, did some shopping, ate on the street table, and laughed over my son’s funny facial expressions．Gone was my father’s critical (挑剔的) air and strict rules．Who was this person I knew as my father, who seemed so friendly and interesting to be around? What had held him back before?
The next day my dad pulled out his childhood pictures and told me quite a few stories about his own childhood．Although our times together became easier over the years, I never felt closer to him at that moment. After so many years, I’m at last seeing another side of my father．And in so doing, I’m delighted with my new friend. My dad, in his new home in Arizona, is back to me from where he was．
1．Why did the author feel bitter about her father when she was a young adult?
A．He was silent most of the time． B．He was too proud of himself．
C．He did not love his children． D．He expected too much of her．
2．When the author went out with her father on weekends, she would feel ．
A．nervous B．sorry C．tired D．safe
3．What does the author think of her father after her visit to Tucson?
A．More critical． B．More talkative．
C．Gentle and friendly． D．Strict and hard-working．
4．The underlined words “my new friend” in the last paragraph refer to ．
A．the author’s son B．the author’s father
C．the friend of the author’s father D．the café owner
So you’re about to spend four years of your life and tens of dollars of your parents’ money. and all you really know about college is that all of your friends are going. Do you ever stop to wonder why you’re going?
Relax. You’re making the right decision. First of all, you’ll discover what interests you by taking courses in many subjects. For example, it’s hard to decide if you want to be a painter if you’ve never painted any pictures; once you’re in a drawing-room on campus, you’ll know one way or the other. College is also a lot of fun — after you graduate, you’ll be working every weekday for 50 or so years. And remember that college graduate earn about twice the income of those who never attended college.
Finding the right college can be difficult. Fortunately, Johnson Review is here to help you every step of the way.
* Researching Schools. To us. the most important decision you’ll make is to choose the school that really fits you best — n ot the one that is the most competitive（有竞争力的）or has the best-equipped rooms. [来源:学科网ZXXK]
* Applying to School. On JohnsonReview.com. you’ll find hundreds of actual college application（申请）and links to many more.
* Raising Your Scores. American College Test is one of the most important parts of the admission（录取）course. It’s not the most important, though and everyone needs to prepare for the best. But, if you can do better, find the right course for better scores.
*Paying for School. Most families need financial aid for the high cost of college. The problem is that financial aid seems difficult to get and many families get caught up in the price of college rather than learning the ways to get financial aid. If you really do your research, you’ll learn that you can afford to attend any college, no matter the cost.
For more information, call 600-3681 or visit JohnsonReview.com. Wherever you go. have a nice trip !
Founder and CEO
5. How many reasons for going to college does the author mention in the text?
A. 2 B. 3 C. 4 D. 5
6. The author thinks you should choose the college that is .
A. well-equipped B. competitive C. suitable D. famous
7. What does the author advise you to do to pay the high cost college ?
A. To ask the family for help.
B. To make a study of financial courses.
C. To do research on the price of college
D. To get to know how to ask for financial aid.
8. What’s the author’s purpose of writing this test?
A. To suggest ways to prepare for college learning.
B. To help readers find the right college.
C. To make Johnson Review popular.
D. To introduce college life.
Section III Using language
1.be sensitive to 2.ask sb. for advice 3.start with 4.to get/ buy tickets for the concert 5.come up with a name for your band 6.above all 7.stick to one’s own idea 8.be famous overnight 9. be confident about 10.look up these words in the dictionary
1. as well as… was
2. as if they were close. 3.What if he comes
4.What do you think of 5.What/ How about having 6.Not long after …was formed
1．将to改为 with； 将for改为 on。 2. 将with改为to。
1. B 2. A
I. 单词拼写： 1.devotion 2.afterwards 3.brief 4.confident 5.sensitive
1.feel down 2.start with 3.What if she fails to come to/take part in
4.things go wrong, rely on 5.haven’t received her invitation to 6.talks as if
I．单项填空： 1---5 DCCDB 6---10 CBCBA 11---15 CCCDC
2．C．动词词组辨析。stick to表示“坚守诺言”，而keep on后接doing…，rely on“依靠”，make up“组成”，均不符合句意。
5．B．动词词组辨析。come up with 是固定搭配词组，表示“想出、提出”。
8．C．句中a waste of time后接动名词。
9．B．本句意为：“多年的分离后，他特别想再见到家人。”above all 表示“最重要，特别”。10．A．本句表示“开始时只有五名成员……”，start with有 “开始”之意。
11．C．在收音机里播送用on，而 be wild with joy“欣喜若狂”是搭配的短语。
12．C．表示“付钱买东西”用pay for 。
13．C．which指代先行词 school, after w hich 意为“高中毕业以后”。
15．C． pretend 后接不定式做宾语。本句意是：“那男孩假装得到了那个消息，但实际上他没得到。”表示 “得到了”该用不定式的完成式。
I. 阅读理解 1.D 2.A 3.C 4.B
1．D．细节理解题。根据文章的第二段倒数第二句中，He seemed unhappy with me unless I got straight A’s …可知，作者的父亲对她的期望值是很高的，包括她的学业和男友的选择。D符合题意。
2．A．细节理解题。根据第二段的最后一句中feeling on guard 可知作者与要求严格的父亲相处一直是“紧张的，不安的”。
4．B．细节理解题。根据上下文可知，作者对自己的父亲有了全新的认识，看到了父亲的另一面，my new friend 实际上是指“我重新认识的父亲”故答案为B.
作者以信的形式，先道出上大学的三个原因然后就如何找到合适的大学向读者推荐Johnson Review答案 ：5.B 6.C 7.D 8.C
5．B．细节理解题。第二段中first of all…，and remember 关键词告诉读者，主要讲了三个原因。
6．C．细节理解题。第四段中fits you best可知应选C。
7．D．解析：细节理解题。根据第七段第二句后半句rather than learning the ways to get financial aid 可知应选D。