A student at Hellesdon High School in England has been called “Trash Girl" by bullies (欺凌者) for her environmentally-friendly ways. 41 , that has not stopped her from cleaning up the environment.
Using the basket on her bicycle, 12-year-old Nadia has been 42 trash along her two mile route to and 43 school since September of last year. 44 her good intentions, some of the kids at Nadia's school have nicknamed her "Trash Girl” and have bullied her for her selfless efforts to help the 45 .
But instead of letting them bring her down, she's using their 46 as motivation.
“I’m not going to 47 doing the right thing because of them, ” she said. "I'm doing something to 48 the world which they also live in. It's everyone's job. We are all 49 for keeping this world safe, instead of 50 it’s always someone else’s job.”
Nadia's mom, Paula, said she is 51 proud of Nadia for not only standing up to her bullies, but also standing up for what she believes in. "I told her she had two 52 — she could either stop collecting rubbish, stop drawing their 53 so that they would leave her alone, or she could face the challenge, be the "trash girl" and keep her 54.”
As a result of the local 55 attention, Nadia has created a Facebook group named “Team Trash Girl”, 56 she shares updates on her green efforts. Positive 57 have poured in, all in 58 of Nadia, encouraging her to carry on with the green effort.
"Sweetheart, you are a star that 59 really bright above the rest. Hold your head high and never let others 60 your uniqueness. You are doing something selfless and amazing. Shame on the bullies." wrote one of the local citizens on her Facebook page.
41. A. Therefore B. However C. Besides D. Meanwhile
42. A. picking up B. taking off C. giving away D. leaving behind
43. A. in B. at C. from D. off
44. A. Without B. Despite C. Due to D. Thanks to
45. A. disabled B. homeless C. business D. planet
46. A. suggestion B. kindness C. negativity D. amusement
47. A. stop B. start C. enjoy D. practice
48. A. discover B. repair C. understand D. protect
49. A. ready B. grateful C. responsible D. available
50. A. questioning B. believing C. wondering D. reminding
51. A. hardly B. extremely C. generally D. barely
52. A. choices B. goals C. problems D. friends
53. A. strength B. conclusion C. energy D. attention
54. A. balance B. promise C. faith D. number
55. A. media B. research C. medical D. critical
56. A. what B. which C. why D. where
57. A. effects B. comments C. results D. experiences
58. A. support B. charge C. honor D. search
59. A. falls B. burns C. shines D. compares
60. A. praise B. improve C. welcome D. dull
41-45 B A CBD 46-50C ADC B 51-55 BAD CA 56-60 DBACD